Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Get this straight!

First of all, I don't blog. That's what....trendy people....do. I'm not trendy. Yes, this looks and sounds an awful lot like a blog. But taste it. See? It tastes like dragon poo, the very essence of my life. Magical, yet oh so naturally mundane. So we'll refer to this as Chelsey's "log" or "bog" or "online thought pile." Agreed?

Second issue: Due credit. First to Meg for coming up with a plan today that I just couldn't turn down. I got so excited after her email that I had to go tell my parents. It felt exactly like saying, "Hey, guys, I got new crayons. Guess what I'm going to make!" With the genuine enthusiasm of a 6-year-old with fresh Crayola's and a blank pad of paper, too!

A great amount of credit goes to my girls on Cafe Mom. Actually, all of it. Once upon a time, I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. But the "real world" kicked in and I've hardly written or spoken a non-essential word since then. Then one day I stumbled upon a group of women just like me who tell me things like, "Haha! That's funny!" Seriously, that feels good! Then you have the goofballs who bust out, "Can't wait to see you on Oprah." That makes me laugh and roll my eyes, but it's encouraging, too. All the little comments, all the little e-pats on my cyber back have made me dig deeper and find the words that have been buried so long. They're my words, but they're for you girls. Thank you for all you've done!

I think that's about all we need to cover right now. Now I need to get to work on this blo..... uuuuhhhh, compilation of excerpts from my life. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Chelsey! LOL Blog, log, bog, thought pile...whatever you want to call it, I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This is going to be my new "get-a-way"!! Thanks Chelsey!!

    ReplyDelete